- Location: Adelaide SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Human Rights
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
As a Community Leader you will lead and establish a community of volunteers that will campaign locally on international women's rights issues. You'll be trained in campaigning, community organising and ActionAid's Human Rights Based Approach on June 8th.
Are you passionate about women's rights and social justice? Do you want to engage and inspire your local community to take action against the policies and systems that oppress women? Are you keen to learn how to campaign and organise to create change?
If yes, then this role is for you!
We're building a connected, skilled, diverse and vibrant grassroots network that will stand in solidarity with the women we work with around the world, and take action to address the root causes of poverty and injustice through our campaigns. We want you to be a part of it!
We're recruiting leaders from across Adelaide to come together at a one day training on Saturday the 8th of June to talk about how we can build our grassroots network in Australia.
- Availability on the Saturday the 8th of June to be part of a one day training and planning session.
- A demonstrated commitment to and passion for women's rights.
- Experience as a volunteer for other organisations or movements.
- The ability to commit to supporting ActionAid projects in your community for at least 3 hours a week, for a minimum of 6 months.
- The ability to support the movement remotely, with a computer, mobile phone and access to the internet.
- A commitment to our values: Mutual respect; Equity and justice; Solidarity; Honesty and transparency; Humility; Courage of conviction and Independence.
- A respect for ActionAid's independence and an ability to work within this ethos.
- A passion for social justice and the role that everyday people can play in achieving a more equitable world.