- Location: Across: Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC, St Kilda VIC, Prahran VIC, Hawthorn VIC, Camberwell VIC, Canberra ACT, Queensland QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
10 hours per fortnight (negotiable)
- People with disability
- Groups of 10 or more
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Retail & Sales
- Fundraising & Events
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- IT & Web Development
- Translating & Interpreting
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Companionship & Social Support
- Writing & Editing
Every volunteer in DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge: - Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO); - Council of Social Services (QCOSS); - Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Maintain and update information online and engaging with users via social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Monitor publicity and conduct research to find out the concerns and expectations of our internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan, develop and implement PR strategies; communicating it to colleagues and key spokespeople; liaising with, and answering enquiries from media, volunteers and other organisations, often via telephone and email as well as other social media; and researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media; if required.
- Develop and edit in-house communications, case studies, speeches and newsletters; preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, devising and coordinating photo opportunities, films and multimedia programmes,
- Organise and assist with events including fundraisers, volunteer fairs, Midsumma festival and open days; sourcing and managing, speaking and sponsorship opportunities; fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives; and managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation
- Work closely with volunteers across the organisation to identify and develop opportunities as well as strategies to achieve values of DCSS Australia.
Skills, Qualifications and Experiences: We are looking for creative communicators as our PR Coordinator with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism is preferred however not essential
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in media or public relations in business or not for profit setting is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate their experience to protect, enhance or build their reputations through social media
- Ability to analyse complex ideas and position them in an appealing way on social media
- Outstanding problem-solving and time management skills with remarkable attention to details required- You should be able to analyse the organisation/ situation, find positive messages and translate those messages into positive media stories.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to negotiate and effectively maintain relationships with media contacts and volunteers from diverse backgrounds