- Location: Across: Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC, St Kilda VIC, Prahran VIC, Hawthorn VIC, Camberwell VIC, Canberra ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
10 hours per fortnight (negotiable)
- People with disability
- Groups of 10 or more
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Retail & Sales
- Fundraising & Events
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- IT & Web Development
- Translating & Interpreting
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Companionship & Social Support
- Writing & Editing
Every volunteer in DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge: - Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO); - Council of Social Services (QCOSS); - Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Maintain and update information online and engaging with users via social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Monitor publicity and conduct research to find out the concerns and expectations of our internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan, develop and implement PR strategies; communicating it to colleagues and key spokespeople; liaising with, and answering enquiries from media, volunteers and other organisations, often via telephone and email as well as other social media; and researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media; if required.
- Develop and edit in-house communications, case studies, speeches and newsletters; preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, devising and coordinating photo opportunities, films and multimedia programmes,
- Organise and assist with events including fundraisers, volunteer fairs, Midsumma festival and open days; sourcing and managing, speaking and sponsorship opportunities; fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives; and managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation
- Work closely with volunteers across the organisation to identify and develop opportunities as well as strategies to achieve values of DCSS Australia.
Skills, Qualifications and Experiences: We are looking for creative communicators as our PR Coordinator with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism is preferred however not essential
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in media or public relations in business or not for profit setting is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate their experience to protect, enhance or build their reputations through social media
- Ability to analyse complex ideas and position them in an appealing way on social media
- Outstanding problem-solving and time management skills with remarkable attention to details required- You should be able to analyse the organisation/ situation, find positive messages and translate those messages into positive media stories.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to negotiate and effectively maintain relationships with media contacts and volunteers from diverse backgrounds
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.