- Location: Henley Beach SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
2 or 4 hours per week Volunteers are needed Tuesday to Friday from 12pm – 2pm or 10am – 2pm with the marine trail included. Extra hours are available and specific days can be requested and a trial day is offered.
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Working with Animals
- Education & Training
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
Training and a volunteer handbook will be provided
Tea & Coffee provided. Travel costs can be reimbursed. Regular thank you functions
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Assisting students to explore the discovery stations in the Marine Discovery Centre (full training provided)
- Assisting visiting students with the walking Marine Trail along Henley Beach (optional)
- No experience required
Our aim is to inspire a love of marine life and to provide a discovery-learning experience that leads to a life-long love of marine life.
Primary school classes have a fantastic day at the Marine Discovery Centre. We have many new experiences available including VR Goggles, touchscreens and new interactive models. Students find amazing beachcombing items on our marine trails, each one is tailored a class' year level. We have fantastic staff and volunteers who are very welcoming. The kids love the day.
Programs relate directly to themes in the Australian Curriculum in areas such as Science, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures, Geography and Sustainability.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.