- Location: Naracoorte SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
The only 'requirement' is a monthly committee meeting (approx. 3 hours), but regular Wednesday morning contact with the branch's members and volunteers is desirable.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
The volunteer we seek would:
* have an interest, and experience in, marketing and promotions;
* have excellent written and verbal skills;
* have an interest in, and competency with, Facebook and website use;
* be confident, friendly, and have an engaging personality;
* be a resident of Naracoorte, or District; and
* ideally be (but not required) a financial member of the National Trust of South Australia.
A National Police check would be required (at the Trust's expense).
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
The position requires the volunteer to:
- maintain the museum's website, and Facebook page;
- prepare publicity articles and submit them to media outlets;
- liaise with the Naracoorte Lucindale Council in relation to publicity;
- liaise with Limestone Coast Tourism;
- handle the museum’s advertising in travel guides, e.g., 'Stay Another Day';
- promote the museum throughout the SA/VIC border region; and
- design promotional articles and materials.
Due to the nature of the work, it can be completed at home. You will, however, need to attend a monthly meeting for coordination and communication, and be in regular contact with a few museum staff.