- Location: Cessnock NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
- Skilled Volunteers
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Garden Maintenance
- Music & Entertainment
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Trades & Maintenance
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
About the Organisation Northern Coalfields Community Care Association Limited (‘NCCCA’) is a community based not for profit organisation who is an approved provider for residential and community care. NCCCA is committed to delivering the best possible care and services that support choice, improving the quality of life and wellbeing of our consumers.
About the Opportunity If you have a few hours each week, we can help you find the right volunteer opportunity to match your skills, interests and availability. Opportunities exist for volunteers to perform a variety of activities that contribute to our residential facilities and other community services.
These may include:
- Operating services such as kiosks or cafes.
- Gardening and outdoor maintenance.
- Making arts and crafts.
- Running cooking demonstrations.
- Answering telephones and taking messages.
- Fundraising endeavours.
- Spending time with care recipients including taking them for walks/wheelchairs in the sun.
- Running or participating in specific programs, including pets as therapy programs (outside paid services), nail care and hand massage.
- Providing transport including driving vehicle/bus, escort/assistance for bus outings.
If volunteering interests you, please drop in and collect a Volunteer Application Form from 2 Mount View Rd, Cessnock or email and we will send one to you. Completed applications can be returned by email or in person. If you have any questions, please contact NCCCA on 4993 3100. We look forward to hearing from you.