- Location: Coburg VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
Merri Health offers are range of programs across multiple locations throughout the North, West and Central Melbourne areas. Focusing on Coburg, Brunswick, Fawkner, Preston and surrounding areas. Time requirements are flexible and could range from an hour or two a week to an hour a month, during business hours, night and weekends. The only thing we ask is that you commit to be part of the Merri family for a minimum engagement period of twelve months.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Education & Training
- Food Preparation & Service
- Fundraising & Events
- Garden Maintenance
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Music & Entertainment
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Translating & Interpreting
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Training opportunities unique to individual roles, all volunteers have access to a wide range of development opportunities delivered both face to face and through online learning.
All pre-approved expenses are reimbursed to ensure our valued volunteers are never out of pocket for the work they do.
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Statutory Declaration and depending on the area you are working additional checks including the Disability Workers Exclusion Check may be required.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Merri Health or “Merri” as we call ourselves can be traced back to 1976 as a community health organisation. Throughout the years Merri have evolved and grown to become a values and innovation lead organisation and the industry leader we are today.
Merri provides over 60 health and welfare services across a number of areas through our 11 sites covering the Northern Metro area up to the NSW border, outposts and a workforce of approximately 400 including over 100 volunteers.
Merri was the first community health organisation to receive the Rainbow Tick Accreditation. Merri has a culture that includes the Reconciliation Action Plan where the wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples of Moreland and surrounding areas are enhanced through respect, equity and recognition.
We have a number of current positions available throughout the organisation for volunteers including:
- Administration -Mental Health: Food groups, Mind to Make, Healthy Steps -Mental Health 1 on 1 Volunteers - Promotional Volunteers - Young Carers Program - CarerLinks North - Episodic Volunteering
What is Episodic Volunteering I hear you ask? Episodic Volunteering is for people who want to give something back but have limited time and availability or for personal reasons can't commit to a specific role or time commitment. Episodic Volunteering allows you to be full inducted into the Merri volunteering program, Police and Working with Children Checked and compliant.
Regular communications are sent out for one off activities, events or tasks and if that happens to suit you then can offer to assist. All that we ask is that like regular volunteering you commit to be part of the Merri family for twelve months and that during that twelve month period you are able to engage for a minimum of 2 activities, events or tasks.
What are the benefits of being a Merri Volunteer? Volunteers are an employee of Merri therefore are entitled to pretty much everything our "paid" employees are entitled to including:
- Dedicated and supported Human Resource Team - Flexible working arrangements - Proactive approach to employee health and wellbeing - Free Flu vaccinations - Access to the Employee Assistance Program - Training opportunities - Discounted movie tickets - Discounted partner memberships including the Coburg Leisure Center - Annual appreciation and recognition including invitations to the organisation's End of Year Function and other events or activities at an organisation or program/area level.
We will be holding a Volunteering Information Session on Friday 8th November 2019 from 3pm until 5.00pm where you will be able to get additional information, speak with current Merri volunteers and employees and find out what exciting opportunities currently exist within Merri.
Join a non-for-profit and make an impact on the future of health. Merri—healthcare that moves with you!