- Location: Ashburton VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Shifts differ from 2 hour, 4 hour and all day
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Seniors & Aged Care
Provided as needed
Reimbursement for petrol costs is available if own vehicle is in use.
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
Samarinda will complete all checks at no cost to the volunteer. Most vehicles are automatic, however some do require a special licence, you will not be asked to drive anything that you are not comfortable with or qualified for .
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As we are ever growing we are looking for more drivers to join our busy teams. Driving for Samarinda has many different facets:
- Transporting clients to and from our community or day respite centers in our cars or buses
- Enjoying a day outing in one of our mini buses
- Delivering meals in your own vehicle
- Escorting clients to appointments
We would love to hear from confident and experienced drivers who have an affinity for others and who would enjoy helping our clients to stay active and engaged.