- Location: Across: Launceston TAS, Devonport TAS, St Helens TAS, Penguin TAS, Campbell Town TAS, Cressy TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
Training and support provided
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
As a Volunteer StrokeSafe Speaker you will present to community groups in your local area to raise awareness of what stroke is, how to reduce stroke risk, how to recognise the signs of stroke (using the FAST test) and what services are provided by the Stroke Foundation.
Volunteers also assist at our major events and promotions throughout the year to promote StrokeSafe messages to the general public at community information stands.If you live anywhere in Northern Tasmania, are confident, a good verbal communicator and have some time to spare, we would love to hear from you.
You may have a personal experience with stroke or you may just want to help out in your local community.
Full training is provided and out-of-pocket expenses re-imbursed. No experience required.
Please click apply now and complete the expression of interest process.
Any enquiries regarding the role, please contact Megan Werner (Volunteer Program Coordinator) or Suzanne Larsson (Volunteer Program Coordinator) on 03 9918 7220.
The Stroke Foundation embraces cultural diversity and strongly encourages suitably qualified people from all cultural backgrounds to apply.