- Location: Bonnyrigg NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Arts & Culture
A couple of hours per week, flexible day to suit your availability
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
Orientation and ongoing support provided
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
A not-for-profit Community Organisation would love a Volunteer to teach and facilitate a Learn to Sew Class for a group of women participants.
About the Role:
- Provide guidance in various sewing skills, particularly dress-making
- Walk participants through the basics of learning to sew
- Explain the basic terms used in sewing
- Provide hands-on instruction and answer questions as they arise
- Time commitment is a couple of hours per week, day flexible to suit your availability
- Share your skills and encourage an inclusive and fun environment
- No need to be an expert in dressmaking, but most definitely have a passion for sewing
- Confidence and patience to teach and facilitate a small group of women
- Spanish language would be an advantage, but not essential
If you have an artistic flair, an eye for detail and would like to give back to the community in this way, we would love to hear from you!