- Location: Across: Strathpine QLD, Kallangur QLD, Kallangur QLD, North Lakes QLD, Burpengary QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
A minimum requirement of 2 hours a month is needed.
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Necessary information is provided through an induction process. Ongoing support is available
- National Police Certificate *
Our organisation will complete a National Police Clearance on your behalf.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Community Visitors Scheme provides friendship and companionship to socially isolated residents in Aged Care Facilities. Volunteers are recruited to visit at facilities from Annerley to Burpengary. Visitors are individually matched with a resident who enjoy these social visits, which include going for a short walk around the facility, having a chat and a cup of coffee and playing board games. It takes as little as 2 hours of a visiting a month, but makes a huge difference to the residents who receive these visits. We would love to hear from you.