- Location: Alice Springs NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Minimum 1 hour per fortnight.
- Groups of 10 or more
- Wheelchair Access
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Initial induction and ongoing training
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
A Community Visitor provides regular one to one volunteer visits to a designated resident who is socially and/or culturally isolated, in Aged Care facilities across the Territory.
The aim of the job is to enrich the lives of residents in aged care facilities by having a friendly visitor.
- National Police Check required
- Commitment to building and sustaining a friendship with an older, isolated person
- Empathy for and understanding of older people
- Ability to work independently
- Effective communication and listening skills