- Location: Across: Fairfield NSW, Wollongong NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Migrant Services
2-15 hours per week, flexible over 7 days, during daylight hours.
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Driving & Transportation
- Tutoring & Coaching
• NRMA Workshop • Driving assessment by NRMA instructor • Notification of all appropriate courses & training. • Ongoing “on the job” support & training as required • Supervision as needed or requested & yearly appraisal by Project Coordinator.
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Drive Time Mentor Volunteer provides supervised driving practice to selected refugee clients. All driving practice occurs in a NRMA-insured automatic vehicle.
Criteria: • Have not had an at fault accident in the previous two years • Have minimum of 5 years safe driving record • Have current knowledge of NSW road rules • A good knowledge of the area in which you will be • Possess minimum basic computer skills, and organisational skills. • Commitment and reliability • An understanding of issues of client confidentiality and potentially the sensitive nature of people’s personal information
Minimum commitment of 6 months sought. Minimum age: 23 years. The volunteer should speak and write reasonable level of English.
Benefits: • An opportunity to give something back to the community. • Provide an opportunity for refugees to connect with a positive role model from their community and learn safe driving practices. • Intrinsic satisfaction. • Experience working with people from refugee backgrounds • A reference will be provided for all Volunteers