- Location: Malvern East VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
The last Monday in every month from 9.30am-4.00pm.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Disability Support
- No training is provided. - Induction and a show through the centre is a quick up to 30 min session.
- This volunteer role does not require any checks, licences or certifications.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Avalon Centre.
If you're a friendly hairdresser or have basic hairdressing skills and wish to donate your time to help those who have been forgotten, overlooked and left behind then keep reading. We are seeking hairdressers to help with our Makeover days. Bring along your smile, "can-do!!" attitude and sense of humour!!
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Makeover days consists of people coming in to have a trim (no washing of hair done on premises)
- Some makeup and nails if wanted, and even get decked out with a new outfit
- Your focus will be the trimming and maybe basic styling of hair
Skills and Experience:
- Basic hairdressing skills needed for trimming hair.
- Trainees would be suited to this role or even if you have only done your kid's or grandkid's hair then this is ideal for you.
- We are looking for someone that is willing to provide a friendly, giving attitude to the homeless and disadvantaged people of Melbourne that visit our centre for one day of fun and pampering.
- This role provides an opportunity to give back to the community, meet new people and give the homeless and disadvantaged a fresh look and a genuine smile.
- Your contribution will assistant participants to feel better about themselves and make a difference to their life and they have brought much pleasure to our clients and have been very successful so far.