- Location: East Victoria Park WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
We offer orientation and ongoing support.
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
Agency to pay for police certificate
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Helen is an independent lady in her 50’s with a mild intellectual disability who works part-time 4 days a week in supported employment.
Helen would like a friend, to be there for her and help her get the most out of life. Helen loves gardening and dreams of one days starting a small nursery of her own. She also enjoys cooking, country music and being outdoors in nature. As an advocate to Helen you could assist her to explore practical options, for achieving her goals such as finding suitable driving schools and being a supportive friend that she can trust to get out and about with.
You don’t need any special qualifications or experience just a big heart and a willingness to make a positive difference.
Due to the intended long term nature of our positions, we are unable to recruit to provide for course credits or Centrelink requirements.