- Location: Greenslopes QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Our Leisure Programs predominately run on weekends (Friday night through to Sunday) and include day & evening based programs (ranging from 2hr to full-day programs.)
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
As a Life Stream volunteer you will be well prepared, informed & fully supported in every aspect, including; comprehensive volunteer induction, mentor-based placement during initial commencement & access to ongoing volunteer training programs & op's.
There is no cost to volunteers on any program. All expenses including admissions, activities, & meals are covered by Life Stream Australia.
- Working with Children Check *
- Driver's Licence (C)
If you are over the age of 21, have a genuine interest & passion to support people with a disability, and are eligible to hold a current Positive Notice (Blue Card) & Positive Exemption Notice (Yellow Card), you are eligible to volunteer. (Life Stream will assist with this process.)
MUST BE PREPARED TO DRIVE 12 SEATER TOYOTA HIACE AND OR TOYOTA TARAGO
Volunteers are required to have the following attributes:
• Have a genuine interest/ability to guide assist & support individuals with a disability;
• A sense of fun, adventure & willingness to bring out and support that in others;
• Excellent communication, literacy and numeracy skills both verbally and written.
***Please provide a phone number by which you can be contacted on. This helps with making it as easy as possible to help answer your enquiries when you express interest and helps get you volunteering with us as soon as possible.***
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Life Stream Australia is very excited to see demand for our programs continue to grow. This continued success has resulted in demand for our services stretched to capacity.
In order to meet the demand and best support our Participants, we need more enthusiastic, outgoing and committed Leisure Guides to join our team in the Brisbane area.
Leisure Guides provide the support required to enable participants to participate in their chosen program activities, providing valuable respite to their carers.
The range of programs & activities offered to participants is diverse, varied and constantly evolving, meaning that as a volunteer you also fully benefit from the experiences including;
• Domestic and International Holidays & Cruises; • Day Trips (theme parks & attractions, beach & BBQ trips to Sunshine/Gold Coast & National Parks); • Social sporting activities (cricket, rugby, soccer games etc.); • Weekly Fitness sessions, Sports & Leisure programs; • Craft, movie outings, ten pin bowling, social dinners and much more.
There is no cost at all to be a Leisure Guide with us – All activity expenses are covered by Life Stream (e.g. travel expenses, meals, tickets, entry etc)
Choose the programs you want to be involved with and have the opportunity to make a difference in the life of people with a disability – directly and indirectly. You will get to go to new places, meet new people, have a heap of fun and make a real difference.
We are looking for Leisure Guides with an Open drivers license to drive our 12 seater Toyota HiAce and Toyota Taragos.
Don’t hesitate – contact us - we can't wait to hear from you. The more people that get involved – the more people we can support.
Studying Community Services, Individualised Services or Leisure? Complete your work placement hours with Life Stream.
We look forward to hearing from you.