- Location: Ashburton VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
Mondays 11.00am to 12.00pm. Four year old kindergarten runs on Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9.00am-2.00pm. The role can be as little as 45mins - 1hr on the session days or for the full day if you want to take on more of a role within the classroom.
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Working with Children Check *
- Application form
- Reference checks
- Induction session
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of The Craig Family Centre.
We are looking for a volunteer who is undertaking learning or who has experience working with children in early years settings to provide outdoor play-led programs and a positive and safe learning environment for our four year old kindergarten program.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide a broad range of indoor and outdoor play-led programs that encourage and promote children to learn in multiple ways
- Provide a positive and safe learning environment for our 4 year old kindergarten program
- Support the kindergarten to promote health and well-being in the classroom, working with current education staff
Skills and Experience:
- Have a good understanding of Early Years Learning and Developmental Frameworks
- Confidence to work autonomously in the development and facilitation of the programs
- The role requires people who are energetic and creative in their ways to engage children
Induction and Training:
- The Early Learning Support Coordinator will meet 1-1 with the volunteer to discuss the roles and responsibilities
- An information pack will be provided volunteering role and include Early years resources -Children's policy and procedures
- Introductions will be made to the program manager and teaching staff who they will be working with
- A planning meeting will take place with program coordinator and education staff to plan and develop outdoor education activities, timetables and training possibilities
- This is a brilliant opportunity for people who are passionate about teaching groups of children in outdoor environments.
- The role will provide the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills within the areas of sports and recreation, early years teaching/assistants, enhance exposure within health and social care due to the service sitting within children services, which can lead to employment opportunities across a broad range of services.