- Location: Rozelle NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Indigenous Australians
3 - 7 hours a week, between 9am - 5pm, Monday, Tuesday and/or Thursdays
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
Induction training is provided, along with training in the databases that the organisation uses and in their processes and procedures.
This Not for Profit organisaiton designs unique, innovative and transformational programs to empower young Aboriginal parents with children aged 0 to 5 to break the life cycle of suffering caused by loss of country, community, culture and family. The organisation is made up of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal professionals working side by side for fundamental improvements in the life of Aboriginal families, their infants and children.
They are looking for a competent Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage volunteers. The volunteer will be responsible for allocating responsibilities and retaining the best people.
It takes a competent leader to succeed in this profession. You should know how to distinguish talent and do everything possible to motivate and inspire. You must possess excellent organisational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
The goal is to ensure that our organisation is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals, and that they are correctly utilised for the fulfilment of our mission.
- Experience in volunteering locally and/or internationally
- Experience in recruiting through various channels
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (especially Excel)
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Excellent organisational and team co-ordination abilities
- A pleasant, outgoing personality
- You will work with people who are passionate about changing the lives of Aboriginal children and their families.
- Working with this organisation provides the opportunity to meet people and experts in the field of psychiatry, psychology, social work, etc. working to support Indigenous Australians.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.