- Location: Across: Ryde NSW, Hunters Hill NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
2 - 6 hours between 8:00am- 4:00pm, flexible week days.
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Driving & Transportation
- Companionship & Social Support
Ongoing training is available from manual handling, using manual wheel chair hoist to safe money handling and receipt processes. After qualifying period, option for LR licence certification.
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Join Stryder's enthusiastic team of volunteers who are helping residents of Ryde and Hunters Hill with transport. A caring driver, using an agency car or their own car, with a willingness to assist our aged clients. We are a door-to-door service and we drive clients to either shops, doctors, hospitals. Our aim is to assist people to stay living independently in their homes for as long as possible.
If you are available for short periods of time, there could also be an opportunity for you.
- Great way to give back to the community and meet people and make new friends.
- Learn new skills.
- If using own vehicle, will receive a reimbursement per km.
- Utilise down time (waiting for client to finish appointment), by taking a walk around the area, shop, study, read, etc.