- Location: Morley WA, Bayswater WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Migrant Services
Bayswater Library on Monday evenings from 6:00pm to 7:30pm Morley Library on Tuesday mornings from 09:30am to 11:30am or Friday mornings from 09:30am to 11:30am.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Library Services
- Tutoring & Coaching
No formal training is required for this role, however volunteer will be inducted on-site.
- National Police Certificate *
Prospective volunteers will be required to meet the essential skills and experience for this role which include:
• English as a primary language.
• Reliability and commitment to regular attendance.
• Good communication skills.
• Work well independently or in a team.
Prospective volunteers will also be required to complete a Volunteer Police Check as a part of the City of Bayswater Volunteer Recruitment process. The check is undertaken by City staff at no cost the the prospective volunteer.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The City of Bayswater Library Services are seeking a motivated volunteer to join its English Conversation Group Team's at the Morley Library. The objective of this role is to assist Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) community members to improve their English language skills.
Duties of this volunteer position include: • Engaging in group dialogues with CaLD clients. • Engaging in one-to-one dialogue with CaLD clients. • Assisting CALD clients with English grammar and pronunciation queries. • Assisting in providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment. • Encouraging social connections and interactions within the conversation group. • Providing awareness of supported pathways for participating in further education.
Essential Skills and Experience Required for this role include:
• English as a primary language. • Reliability and commitment to regular attendance. • Good communication skills. • Work well independently or in a team.
Desirable Skills and Experience for this role include:
• Experience working with CaLD people. • Experience tutoring adults.