- Location: Malvern VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Provide children from disadvantaged and underprivileged backgrounds in Israel with the skills to improve their English. Groups of volunteers converse with Israeli students from mixed religious and cultural backgrounds using Skype. Volunteers are teachers from different sectors of the education system and others who have participated in a professional development program. At each Skype session, 2 volunteers work with 2 students and converse for about 45 minutes. They then write up a brief outline of their session and meet with other volunteers for a debriefing. Professional development program and ongoing contact with education coordinators is provided. Rosters are based on volunteers availability. All volunteers must have a Police and Working With Children Check.