For the full Position Description and details on how to apply, see the Out For Australia website.
We want every graduating student in the LGBTQIA+ community to know about the targeted support that OFA offers. From our mentoring program, to the thought leadership and role models we provide, to the wonderful events we hold across the country. This awareness relies on good relationships and networks with tertiary and higher education institutions.
Building and maintaining relationships (30%)
- Acting as the point of contact for one or more tertiary and higher education institutions.
- Leveraging existing networks or following new leads to establish strong relationships with
- tertiary and higher education institutions.
- Sharing and promoting OFA events and resources (including our mentoring program) with
- existing networks, tertiary and higher education institutions, students and recent graduates.
- Devising and implementing strategies to increase student awareness of OFA and our offerings.
Active student engagement (40%)
- Engaging with key groups within particular universities and TAFEs, including student clubs and societies, faculty bodies, the student body queer collective, alumni groups, and OFA mentees on campus.
- Managing discrete projects in collaboration with student groups, including organising joint events and preparing joint communication/marketing or educational materials,
- Consider creative and tangible ways to increase brand awareness and positive perception of OFA amongst students and recent graduates, including to increase number of participants in our mentoring program and attendees at OFA events.
- Increase number of community organisations highlighted on OFA’s communication channels, and manage related processes.
Outreach strategy and portfolio participation (20%)
- Coordinate with the National Outreach Director to contribute to and implement OFA’s National Outreach Strategy.
- Support outreach activities within your home state/territory and across the country, as required.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings, as required.
General volunteer expectations (10%)
- Undertake an OFA volunteer induction and role onboarding.
- Understand and implement OFA’s strategy, vision and mission.
- Uphold our volunteer code of conduct.
- Attend OFA Town Hall meetings and other organisation-wide activities as required.
- Assist with initiatives as required.