Become an Aged Care Volunteer Visitors Scheme (ACVVS) Volunteer Visitor today (Fleurieu Peninsula)
Would you like to make a difference to the life of an older person living in your community through friendship and connection?
If you have good listening and communication skills, empathy, patience and understanding and you are you able to share one hour per week or fortnight of your time to regularly visit a socially isolated older person in their home, we would love for you to join us as an Aged Care Volunteer Visitor.
There are various roles available in locations across the Fleurieu.
Through friendship visits to people living in their own homes, or outings walking alongside an older person, you will help another Community Member to:
- Feel more connected
- Increase their self-esteem
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, depression or anxiety
- Add some purpose and sparkle
- Improve their wellbeing
Some activities you could enjoy together include:
- Playing cards or board games
- Listening to music
- Enjoy a cuppa and a chat
- Talk about your life experiences
- Work on a project together
- Outings for coffee or to a place of interest
Volunteers in the program find their experience very rewarding, and appreciate hearing stories, learning from years of life experience and wisdom, and contributing to an older person feeling valued and feeling valued themselves by an older person.
Becoming a volunteer visitor with Southern Volunteering offers:
- Flexibility to fit around your existing commitments and schedules
- A supportive and friendly volunteer environment
- Opportunity to make new friends and share stories and experiences
- Travel reimbursement to and from your visit
- Training and networking opportunities
- Connection, purpose, fun and fulfilment
All it takes is a one hour commitment per week or fortnight to truly make a difference.
Submit an expression of interest, and start your journey as an ACVVS Volunteer Visitor today!
If you’d like to know more before you apply, call us on 8326 0020