About the opportunity
CatholicCare is supported by an Advisory Council. The role of the Advisory council is to provide advice and recommendations to the Bishop of the Diocese and CatholicCare’s Executive Director on broad issues including strategic directions, risk management, operations, and financial performance.
We are seeking volunteers who are interested in becoming a member of this Council to introduce new ideas and provide a broader base of experience drawing on their qualifications, career expertise, and life experience.
We are particularly keen to hear from senior nurses, doctors, occupational therapists, psychologists, and other clinicians who have extensive clinical governance experience.
By applying for this opportunity, you are committed to the following:
- Keeping up to date with all Council papers
- Attendance at Advisory Council Meetings (usually 4 per year) and an Annual Strategic Planning Day
- Possible requirement to attend Sub-Committee meetings and Advisory Council initiatives that contribute to the Strategic Direction of CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay.
Please note that the attendance of meetings may be via video conference when required, however face to face attendance is preferred for majority of meetings that take place.
Meetings will be held in Pennant Hills, Sydney.
If you are interested in this opportunity to utilise your experience in making a difference in the lives of others, then we would love to hear from you!
To be considered for this opportunity, you will require:
- Appropriate expertise and a willingness to contribute to Advisory Council meetings. (Skills and experience in clinical care and governance, especially as they pertain to working with frail older people, people living with a disability, or people with mental illness will be highly regarded).
- A positive communication style with outstanding integrity
- A commitment to CatholicCare’s Core Values of Faith, Respect, Compassion, Excellence, Courage, and Social Justice
- A willingness to undertake a Working with Children Check and National Criminal History Check.
CatholicCare Broken Bay makes a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and Out of Home Care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith, or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
How to apply
If you are interested in making a contribution to the work of CatholicCare through membership of our Advisory Council, please provide a brief cover letter addressing why you would like to be considered for this opportunity as well as a copy of your CV.
Closing Date for applications is 19th December 2023