The Program Research Assistant will work with the Program Delivery Team at Take 3 for the Sea to conduct research on various topics that will shape the direction of educational programs. The aim is to provide volunteers with a valuable learning experience while contributing to the organization's mission of environmental education and conservation. The minimum timeframe for this role is 6 months.
The successful applicant will join Take 3 for the Sea's Volunteer Initiative in the Program Delivery Team. Take 3 for the Sea believes in fostering the next generation of environmental leaders by offering these roles, providing hands-on opportunities for passionate individuals to contribute their skills and dedication to the organization's mission of plastic pollution reduction and ocean conservation. Through this opportunity, Take 3 aims to empower and inspire individuals to make a tangible impact on the health of our oceans while gaining valuable experience in the field of environmental education and advocacy.
Duration: Minimum commitment of six months, with a requirement of 8 hours per week. The schedule can be flexible to accommodate the intern's availability.
- Conduct in-depth research on environmental issues, marine conservation, and related topics.
- Analyze data and information to identify trends, best practices, and areas for program improvement.
- Collaborate with the Program Delivery Team to integrate research findings into the development of educational programs.
- Assist in designing engaging and informative materials for program participants.
- Maintain a comprehensive record of research findings, references, and relevant data.
- Prepare reports and summaries for internal use.
- Work closely with team members to share insights, updates, and ideas.
- Collaborate with other volunteers and team members on cross-functional projects.
- Pursuing or holding a degree in environmental science, marine biology, education, or a related field to Take 3 for the Sea's work. Or experience in relevant industries.
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information from diverse sources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and accessible manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to marine conservation and environmental education.
Benefits for Volunteers
- Gain hands-on experience in environmental research and program development.
- Connect with professionals and experts in the environmental and conservation community.
- Contribute to the development of programs that make a positive impact on environmental education.
- Receive a letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the internship.
Application Process: Interested individuals can submit their resume, and a cover letter expressing their interest to email@example.com. Applicants will be notified about the success of their application in January.
Interview Process: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview to discuss their qualifications, interests, and commitment to the role. Interviews will take place in January 2024.
Take 3 for the Sea has a number of Volunteer Opportunities available for 2024. Please check our Seek Profile for all available opportunities.
About Take 3 for the Sea Take 3 for the Sea's goal is healthy oceans and so too all life on earth. Through education and storytelling, we help people to see and understand the harm plastic pollution is doing and inspire them to simple human-sized actions to bring about planet-sized solutions.