AUSTRALIAN BUSINESS VOLUNTEERS - ABV
We currently have a volunteer opportunity for the following:
Make an Impact and difference that people feel.
Join Australian Business Volunteers on our mission to positively change communities. Whether you are an individual or a business, you can create vibrant and viable communities.
What we do
ABV delivers economic change to communities across the globe through donated business expertise. We create self-reliance and resilience and leave a lasting economic impact – one that endures generations.
How we do it?
We offer meaning opportunities for skilled business professionals to volunteer their expertise across communities in Australia and the Pacific. We work with communities to understand their needs and work with our Skilled Business Volunteers to match them to projects, that bring the right skills at the right time to help deliver outcomes.
About the opportunity
Primary Purpose of the Position
ABV is running a program in a region of WA and with First Nations Martu communities who are party to the Agreement with mining company, Newcrest Ltd. ABV’s program supports the business community of Martu by working with individual business mentees. A challenge identified during the initial stage of the program has been the lack of seed funding available to initiate/progress business ideas. This assignment is to address this challenge and identify avenues of funding support. Many First Nations entrepreneurs require initial funding to pursue their business ideas. This assignment is to explore appropriate funding opportunities – grants, partnerships with philanthropies and foundations, etc and to provide support to community members and their mentors.
• A cultural understanding of First Nations communities, their priorities, strengths, histories and ways of work.
• A sound understanding of funding infrastructures at corporate (CSRs), foundations, government funding, schemes, etc
• Experience working with partnerships, business development/proposals, etc.
• Good listening skills to authentically understand mentees, their visions, their challenges, etc.
- Key Dates: Start ASAP
- Duration: 8 months
- Location: Remote/Online
Interested to Apply?
Please note, if you are interested in applying for the role, we will require you to meet the following criteria:
- 5 years professional experience in the relevant field
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident residing in Australia. Australian Citizens residing overseas may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Willingness to complete a National Police Check
- Willingness to complete a Working with Children Check
- Covid 19 Vaccination
What will happen next?
Our volunteer recruitment team will be in touch with you to advise you of the next steps.
Find out what our volunteers love most about working with our communities:
Throughout our 40-year history, ABV has relied on our passionate and committed volunteers who use their impressive business skills to build marketplaces, mentor entrepreneurs, strengthen institutions and transform communities.
Visit our website to see more about what our volunteers have be involved in and view their stories.
ABV is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this position.