AUSTRALIAN BUSINESS VOLUNTEERS - ABV
We currently have a volunteer opportunity for the following:
Business Operations Advisor
Make an Impact and difference that people feel.
Join Australian Business Volunteers on our mission to positively change communities. Whether you are an individual or a business, you can create vibrant and viable communities.
What we do
ABV delivers economic change to communities across the globe through donated business expertise. We create self-reliance and resilience and leave a lasting economic impact – one that endures generations.
How we do it?
We offer meaning opportunities for skilled business professionals to volunteer their expertise across communities in Australia and the Pacific. We work with communities to understand their needs and work with our Skilled Business Volunteers to match them to projects, that bring the right skills at the right time to help deliver outcomes.
About the opportunity
Primary Purpose of the Position
Adelong Country Creations is a non-profit community business run by volunteers. Aside from commercial products, they retail arts and craft made by local community residents and local produce. Income is realised via a membership fee paid by producers who retail their products there and via a tiered sales commission system. A range of business aspect need addressing; marketing (especially digital) to maximize its visitor attraction potential, partnerships and collaborations to increase foot traffic to its shopfront, development of a business strategy, development of good governance around decision making processes, and succession planning for the committee/board. Long-term, capacity to have a paid casual staff would be desirable to support the volunteers.
Tasks: You will need to:
• Understand the context of the business: its history, the environment it operates in, complementary services it could leverage off, target market, etc.
• Conduct an overarching assessment of the business, including its business plan, business development potential, marketing, governance, income structure, operations, and human resourcing capacity, taking into account the local community’s vision for this business.
• Identify areas or problems that the business needs to focus; recommend priority focus areas and what work needs to be done to address them so that ABV is able to, as part of “Stage 2”, bring in targeted expertise.
• Broad experience in small business management and business planning
• Business decision-making governance
• Experience in retail, tourism, marketing, governance, volunteer-based local organisations
- Key Dates: Start ASAP
- Duration: 3-4 months
- Location: Remote/Online
Interested to Apply?
Please note, if you are interested in applying for the role, we will require you to meet the following criteria:
- 5 years professional experience in the relevant field
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident residing in Australia. Australian Citizens residing overseas may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Willingness to complete a National Police Check
- Willingness to complete a Working with Children Check
- Covid 19 Vaccination
What will happen next?
Our volunteer recruitment team will be in touch with you to advise you of the next steps.
Find out what our volunteers love most about working with our communities:
Throughout our 40-year history, ABV has relied on our passionate and committed volunteers who use their impressive business skills to build marketplaces, mentor entrepreneurs, strengthen institutions and transform communities.
Visit our website to see more about what our volunteers have be involved in and view their stories.
ABV is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this position.