Essential skills/attributes/selection criteria:
- Strong financial background in financial management, accounting, budgeting and financial reporting to ensure sound financial decisions and compliance with regulations
- Knowledge of specific financial considerations and regulations unique to the not for profit sector including fundraising, grant management and tax-exempt status
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets, forecast financial needs and provide financial guidance to the Board to ensure fiscal responsibility and sustainability
- Understanding of audit processes, internal controls and risk management practices to safeguard the organisation’s assets and financial integrity
- Experience in managing Quik books.
- Familiarity with governance principles and compliance requirements relevant to the not for profit sector, ensuring adherence to legal and regulatory obligations
- The ability to effectively communicate complex financial information to fellow Board members, the CEO and other stakeholders, promoting transparency and accountability
- The ability to work collaboratively with other Board members, especially in financial decision making; providing financial insights to support Reily’s strategic goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to assess financial data and make informed decision financial recommendations to the Board
- A strong commitment to ethical conduct and integrity in financial matters, ensuring compliance with ethical standards and financial transparency
- Availability to dedicate sufficient time to fulfil the responsibilities of the Treasurer/Director role, including attending Board meetings, providing support to the CEO, and engaging in financial oversight activities
- Awareness of legal requirements related to financial reporting, tax filings and other financial compliance aspects relevant to not for profit organisations
- A mindset focused on stewardship and fiduciary duty towards Reply’s mission and resources, ensuring that financial decisions align with the organisation’s goals and objectives
If you want to help support vulnerable parents and children in SA and have the necessary skills and attributes, we would love to hear from you. Join us in making a difference in the lives of families navigating the child protection system.
Please note: This is not a remunerated position.