Essential skills/attributes/selection criteria:
- Desired prior experience on a board as secretary, dealing with governance and risk or alternatively prior attendance at a Governance Masterclass
- Excellent communication skills to articulate Reily's mission, goals, and objectives clearly to stakeholders, to inspire engagement and ensure effective communication within the board and with external parties
- The ability to represent Reily in the community, to build strategic partnerships, and to advocate for our mission to enhance its visibility and support.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills to guide Reily and motivate board members and stakeholders toward the mission and goals
- The ability to think critically and strategically to help shape the long-term vision of Reily, aligning it with its mission and objectives
- A good understanding of financial statements, budgeting and financial management to ensure the financial sustainability of Reily and compliance with legal and financial regulations
- A strong commitment to ethical conduct, transparency, and integrity in all actions and decisions related to Reily and its stakeholders
- Availability to dedicate sufficient time to fulfill the responsibilities of the Chair, including attending board meetings, networking events, and engaging with stakeholders as needed
- A genuine commitment to Reily’s mission and values, and an ability to effectively lead and contribute to the success and impact of the organization
If you want to help support vulnerable parents and children in SA and have the necessary skills and attributes, we would love to hear from you. Join us in making a difference in the lives of families navigating the child protection system.
Please note: This is not a remunerated position.