Project Yumi is an Australian registered charity that builds effective partnerships with local communities in Papua New Guinea, to enhance the quality of education and health care. We achieve this through deferring new and quality used school and medical resources from landfill and distribute these much needed resources to rural areas of PNG.
We are currently seeking an IT Programmer to join our team who will be responsible for the IT supervision of the organisation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the team to understand our technology needs.
- Design, develop, and maintain software applications and websites to meet organisational requirements.
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of IT solutions and systems.
- Ensure data security and privacy compliance in all IT projects.
- Stay updated on industry trends and emerging technologies to recommend improvements.
- Qualifications and experience in computer science, information technology or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, or others as relevant to the organisation's needs.
- Knowledge of database management systems (SQL, NoSQL, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Commitment to our organization's mission and values.
- Previous volunteer or work experience in IT is an advantage.
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful projects that make a difference in people's lives.
- Enhance your IT skills in a real-world setting.
- Network and collaborate with like-minded individuals who share your passion.
- Gain insights into the operations of a non-profit organisation.
- Flexible working arrangements, including remote options.
If you're excited to contribute your expertise to a cause-driven organisation, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your motivation to volunteer with Project Yumi to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that this is a volunteer position. We deeply value the contributions of our volunteers and their dedication to our cause. While this role is unpaid, it offers valuable experience and the opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives for the better. Join us at Project Yumi and be a driving force behind positive change.