Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We work with sick kids, their families and medical teams to grant unforgettable wishes – like making unicorns fly, sending kids to the moon to and even helping Australia's youngest ever cricket captain don the baggy green!
The friendly team at the Mornington Peninsula Branch are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join Make-A-Wish as their Volunteer Wish Granting Coordinator. By sharing your time and skills, you can help Australian children experiencing life-threatening illnesses.
As the Volunteer Wish Granting Coordinator your main focus will be to ensure all Wish Journeys within your branch are granted with the highest level of excellence in a caring, timely efficient manner. You will achieve this by:
- Coordinating Wish Teams to attend home visits, capturing a child's cherished wish and helping bring the wish to life
- Motivating and encouraging fellow volunteers to participate as needed, understanding the time sensitive nature
- Working closely with the Melbourne-based Wish Services Team
- Raising awareness in your local community
When you volunteer in your local branch, you'll become part of the #WishForce helping children who are fighting serious illnesses by:
- Getting active in your local branch meetings (held monthly)
- Helping local wish families by capturing their child’s unique wish and bringing it to life through all stages of the Wish Journey
We know that your time is precious, so we will work with you to make sure you get the most out of your experience with us. You have the opportunity to:·
- Join an inspiring organisation, where you will help children experience the anticipation and long lasting effects of a wish-come-true
- Receive training to get you wish-ready
- Access ‘Community’, our online support network where you can connect with other members of our Wish Force and access handy resources
- Make connections and build lifelong friendships
There are few experiences more powerful than helping make a wish come true. Together, we have helped countless local families through fundraising, events and wish-related activities.
If you’re 18 years of age or over, you’re looking to be inspired and share Make-A-Wish’s values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Community and Child Focus - apply today!
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include background screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety.