Address: Asher House - 176 Sibley Road, Wynnum West 4178.
Wesley Arts is an inspirational creative arts program presented by Wesley Mission Queensland. Its inclusive style makes it a wonderful way for people living with a disability to connect with opportunities that they may find difficult within other arts programs.
Our team is currently looking for volunteers interested in assisting us by working one-on-one with participants with complex disabilities to explore innovative visual arts techniques.
In the sessions, you will be helping to:
- Arrange, set up and pack down art supplies
- Engage with participants who have complex disabilities
- Assist participants to be involved and follow instructions in the art-making process
- Be part of an innovative art-making project that will eventually lead to an art exhibition.
The role of Visual Arts Assistant is suitable for people who are keen on or have an interest in visual arts and have well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm, caring and empathetic manner. It’s a great way to make a difference in the lives of people with a disability while making friends, having fun and learning new skills.
Wesley Arts is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding program to volunteer in where you will meet many wonderful people and learn new skills that may assist you personally and professionally.
There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- We supply and pay for any security checks required for the position
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Being part of a team making a difference in the lives of people in our community.
For more information on Wesley Mission Queensland, please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!