As a board member, you will have the chance to provide valuable insights, make informed decisions, and collaborate closely with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for creating positive change. These roles require individuals with a strong commitment to our mission, vision, and values.
Whilst there is a preference for local candidates, we can accommodate remote candidates as the majority of our board meetings are held online, with virtual access to the remaining meetings.
The following board positions are available:
- Board Member
Secretary Duties We are seeking an experienced Secretary to join our board. Secretary duties include:
- Coordinating board and general meetings including sending the invite and giving notice, minute-taking and consulting with the board on the agenda
- Maintaining the records of the association, including the membership register, office bearer register, register of motions, and correspondence
Board Member Duties Board members are responsible for making important decisions that guide the organisation's policies, finances, and initiatives.
This is not just an advisory role, however - we are at a crucial stage of our organisational growth and board members are asked to adopt a portfolio they deliver against, advocate for and report to the board on, such as:
- Member Experience and onboarding (Member Experience Portfolio)
- Grants and fundraising portfolio (Grants and Fundraising Portfolio)
- Volunteer Experience and onboarding (Volunteer Experience Portfolio)
- Marcoms: social media, communications/PR, website (MarComs Portfolio)
Please note the opportunity for growth within the board, and the possibility to nominate for other positions at the coming and future AGMs, including Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer.