About Short Back & Sidewalks
We are a growing not-for-profit organisation that provides haircuts, free of charge and free of judgement, to Australians experiencing homelessness and poverty.
A haircut may seem small, but it can have a positive impact on a person's self-esteem and wellbeing. It could be the confidence boost someone needs to apply for accommodation or for a job.
Our aim is to give 15,000 free haircuts and positive community connections per year by 2025. That’s where you come in.
About the role
If you’re community-minded, inclusive, and motivated to make a difference, this may be the perfect role for you.
As our new Social Media Manager, you’ll join a dynamic team of Communications professionals located around Australia. With a passion for creating engaging, inspiring, and educational content, you will help tell the Short Back & Sidewalks story across our key social media channels.
You will be able to:
- Plan, execute and monitor organic social media campaigns
- Stay ahead of current social media trends and best practices
- Use digital marketing tools such as Later and Canva
- Write fresh and engaging copy for a variety of platforms
- Analyse and report on the performance of organic social media content
- Work strategically to leverage reach and drive community engagement
- Communicate effectively with team members and external brand partners
Ideally, you will have a minimum of three years relevant experience in a similar role. Relevant qualifications in marketing and communications are regarded well but not essential.
Are you eager to get involved? We would love to hear from you. Reach out and submit your application today by sharing your CV and examples of your work.