- We require an English Tutor to commit to a 40 minute Zoom session a week.
- Our only pre-requisite is applicants must speak English as their first language.
- Zoom classes are held at 8.20pm and 9.15pm weekdays (AEDT). (From April to September - 7.20pm and 8.15pm (AEST)).
- The Cambodian child may choose to study English at school, however they lack any exposure to communicating with a native English speaker. The primary aim of tutors is to expose the child to communicating with a native English speaker.
- Tutoring will be one-on-one with a Cambodian child.
- No qualifications or experience necessary, although teaching experience is an advantage.
- All classes are recorded.
- Our small school is located in Siem Reap. The school was completed about 6 years ago and we have 2 members of staff. The school opens after the closure of the children's main school and we only teach English.
- Siem Reap relies heavily on tourism and the best skill a local can have is speaking English.
- Our school is open to all children and we do not discriminate in any way. About 80% of children attending English classes are girls.
- Sometimes we experience technical problems with Cambodian internet connection, so about 5% of the time your class will be cancelled at the last minute.
- We totally understand that volunteers have other commitments in life, so if you cannot teach a class, we only ask you give us 24 hours notice.
- If you are interested, please email me - email@example.com
- Canhelp is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC).
- Canhelp is also registered with NSW Fair Trading (CFN21875).
Sign in to view your email alerts and activity
To view your email alerts and activity.
We will send you an email to confirm your email address.