Corethics is an independent not for profit dedicated to creating sustainable and thriving communities in the developing world by partnering with community organisations working on the ground to tackle some of the most complex issues affecting human society and the environment.
Our Bali, Indonesia program addresses the devastating issue of water pollution through our #waste4wealth project. We are an all-volunteer-run organisation based in Australia, with volunteers working remotely from across the world.
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated and qualified Chief Operations Officer to guide our volunteers towards achieving Corethics’ short- and long-term goals. The Chief Operations Officer is responsible for a wide range of workflow-oriented duties, chiefly around goal management and performance monitoring.
The successful Chief Operations Officer will require superior interpersonal skills to facilitate collaboration. This is a remote position with flexible time and work arrangements, and we welcome applicants from across the world. The Chief Operations Officer is expected to work 5-15 hours per week. In acknowledgement of the position’s volunteer nature, this may be a joint position between two people. We currently have two positions available.
Chief Operations Officer Responsibilities
You will report to the CEO and support their efforts in guiding Corethics towards meeting its performance targets. You will work side by side with the Chief of Staff to share your insights and support one another in reaching the organisations goals. Your duties will include:
- Management of Corethics’ overall workflow and day-to-day operational direction
- Setting and management of Corethics’ operational goals and objectives
- Setting of Key Performance Indicators
- Prepare progress reports and making recommendations for improvement
- Manage performance dashboard and report to CEO and Board of Directors
- Implementation and enforcement of Corethics’ policies and values in all overseen activities
- Assist our Joint Chiefs of Staff with HR related matters as needed
- Monitoring and training of volunteers as needed
- Identifying opportunities for volunteer training
- Identifying and reporting recruitment needs
- Recruiting, selecting, scheduling, counseling, and disciplining volunteer
- Planning and overseeing organisational change, such as implementation of project management tool
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in operational management
- Previous or current management training
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer programme literacy
- Zoom and/or Google Meet to hold remote meetings
- Google Suite including sheets, forms, docs, drive to create, share, and collaborate
- Sound grasp of various fundraising, marketing, web, and project management tools and software
- Experience with statistical analysis and data processing
- Ability to create a good plan and determination to accomplish goals
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good leadership qualities with the ability to provide direction
- Strong organisational skills and capacities
- Proficiency in English
- Uphold Corethics’ pillars: sustainability, empowerment, equity,
- and ethics
- An interest in international development, the not-for-profit sector, and/or Indonesia and its development context
How to Apply
Please prepare a CV which addresses the Eligibility Criteria, and at least two references. Corethics uses a multi-stage recruitment process to provide a comprehensive and structured approach to identify and hire the most suitable candidates. The recruitment process may include a CV, references, a work activity, and interview.
We can't wait to hear from you!