Description of opportunity:
Our Inclusive Activities Program runs on Saturday Mornings, generally between the hours of 8am-12pm. These activities occur across various Brisbane locations, and could involve going for a canoe at Raby Bay, or exploring the wetlands at Tinchi Tamba Reserve. It would be expected that you could attend one or two of these 3-hour activities per month as we would like you to build rapport with our participants.
As an Adventure Buddy, you will assist the team leader in delivering our nature-based activities by either buddying up with an individual, taking epic adventure shots, or simply providing a hand to help someone in and out of the water. Small acts of kindness are our love language!
Impact and Benefits of volunteering with us:
- Connect with those in your community.
- Build communication and teamwork skills.
- Create an inclusive and accessible space for everyone.
- Learn about, and share your knowledge of and passion for, the environment.
- Be available for one or two activities per month.
- Possession, or willing to possess, a Working with Children Check (QLD Blue Card)
- Access to a vehicle, or public transport, for getting to and from activities.
- Understanding and commitment to the rights and interests of people with disabilities, mental health, and youth
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships.
- A strong understanding of social inclusion A passion for gardening and being in nature.
About Nature Freedom:
We are dedicated to empowering young people and individuals living with disabilities and mental health issues by providing them with inclusive opportunities to connect with the environment and engage them in meaningful activities. Through our nature workshops and adventure sessions, we aim to create positive and co-designed experiences for all individuals, regardless of their abilities or backgrounds. To find our more, head to our website - naturefreedom.org.au