The COTA Visitors volunteers:
- Visit a designated person in an aged care facility or own home (your choice).
- Provide friendship and companionship.
- Undertake activities that are appropriate for the individual - this may include reminiscing, reading, playing games or going for a walk.
- Uphold COTA SA Values - Respect, Diversity, Equity, Collaboration, Integrity and Independence
- Empathy for older people and people from different cultural backgrounds and who are from diverse communities.
- Respect for different lifestyles older people live.
- Over 18
- National Police Certificate
We match you with an older person based on shared interests and location and then support you to create a friendship through regular visits. The COTA Visitors program aims to enrich the life of an older person experiencing loneliness or isolation by offering conversation, news, new interests, friendship, and a special connection through a shared language, life experience or cultural understanding.
We have new friends waiting across metro Adelaide. We reimburse travel expenses, provide training and support you with your friendship journey. More information and online applications are available on the COTA SA website or call 8232 0422 to discuss further.