Do you have experience in office management and events?
Do you want to give back and support young people impacted by cancer?
Then this volunteer role may be for you …..
Volunteers are an essential part of our front-facing service delivery and success - we could not do it without you!
Canteen not only offers volunteers the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Young People Living with Cancer but provides you many other benefits such as:
- Developing new skills to help progress your professional career
- Receiving training and professional development
- Being part of a positive, ambitious and high-performing team
- Developing a professional network
- Having the opportunity to provide feedback regarding your experience.
- Fun and enjoyment
- Sense of purpose and ‘giving back.
Through strong administrative, logistical and event support you will support the NSW team with Fundraising, Canteen programs & external stakeholder events.
Reporting to the NSW State Manager, this role will provide direct support to these initiatives as its primary focus and will have a wide scope of potential tasks and responsibilities. We see this role as being nimble and able to fill in across the office when there are busy periods.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Office Management support
- Data entry
- Stakeholder engagement activities including event set-up, communications and mailouts
- Diverse administrative and practical tasks that may support the Services Team.
For example: shopping and prepping materials for an event for young people, booking entertainment, and assistance with event planning.
Personal Qualities and Requirements
- Excellent administrative skills and awesome attention to detail
- Previous work in databases and Excel.
- Accurate data entry & attention to detail.
- Friendly and engaging with a can-do attitude.
- Being able to operate independently and with confidence.
- Discretion and understanding of privacy principles.
- Able to actively listen and communicate confidently.
- Able to adapt to change and willing to give things a go.
This role will appeal to someone looking to build their experience and put their skills into practice in a high-performing environment.
Refer to our website for full details.