Address: Hyland House Respite Centre - 3 Mundin Street, Petrie 4502
Wesley Mission Queensland’s Hyland House Respite Centre is seeking volunteers!
Hyland House Respite Centre is for seniors and people living with a disability in the Pine Rivers area. It is a wonderful place to connect, meet people, and make new friends. Our services include centre-based day respite and a diverse range of day programs and activities, social groups, and social outings.
We are currently looking for volunteers to join our fun and supportive team to assist in the following programs:
- Being involved in the respite’s social activities, including playing table games, arts and crafts, going on outings, sharing stories, cooking and lots more
- Helping respite attendees to look after our lovely gardens
- Assisting respite attendees in our hobby shed to make paint items with wood
- Keeping the kitchen organised and running efficiently
- Showing respite attendees how to use our 3D printer and iPads
- Driving respite attendees to and from the centre.
Various volunteer hours are available Monday to Friday.
Many volunteers support our Respite Centre, and new volunteers are always welcome. So please contact us on (07) 3285 5955 to discuss any other opportunities that may be available.
Hyland House Respite Centre is a welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer, where you will meet many wonderful people from various backgrounds and learn new skills that may assist you personally and professionally.
There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Great education opportunities
- We supply and pay for any security checks required for the position
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Invites to special events
- Being part of a team who make a difference in the lives of people in our community.
All our volunteers follow a COVID-19 safe work plan and provide proof they have received their COVID-19 vaccinations before commencement.
We look forward to hearing from you!