AnglicareSA is calling out for Volunteers who are interested in driving the vans and/or undertaking a stylist role to support customers to choose their own outfits.
Thread Together is driving social and environmental change. The mobile wardrobes deliver brand new clothes to people in the community experiencing vulnerability. This program has a positive impact on many peoples lives, including those experiencing/at risk of homelessness; Aboriginal communities; refugees; survivors of domestic violence and the long term unemployed.
This program is about more than supplying clothing. It's about instilling independence and enabling dignity.
Do you possess the following skills or attributes:
- Friendly and welcoming personality
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Patience, empathy and the willingness to help people
- Relate well with people from a variety of different backgrounds
- Willingness to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Ability to work with compassion and in a non-judgmental and respectful manner
- A sense of humour that will not offend others or put them down
- Ability to use initiative and work within our boundaries, procedures and guidelines
- Be suitability fit to comply with the physical requirements of the position
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of client privacy and confidentiality
If this role sounds like something you would appreciate and you have some spare time to give back to your local community, then AnglicareSA would love to hear from you!