Committee members’ functions under the Act include:
- holding an annual general meeting within five months after the end of the association’s financial year
- submitting financial statements which give a ‘fair and true’ view of the association’s financial affairs to members at the annual general meeting
- overseeing the association’s financial affairs
- making sure the association does not continue to operate if it is insolvent
- appointing a new secretary within 14 days, if the position becomes vacant
- returning all documents that belong to the association within 28 days of ceasing to be a committee member.