Emergency Assistance VolunteersUnitingcare Wesley Bowden
We deliver social services that are shaped around individual needs and goals to help create positive futures built on independence and esteem. We deliver services in Aged Care, Child & Family, Financial Health, Mental Health & NDIS. We operate two social enterprises, a community child care centre and a psychology practice. We have been in operation for over 160 years.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide emergency assistance (predominantly phone-based with some face-to-face) to vulnerable clients by assisting them with accessing food, clothing and other supplies.
- Refer clients to other internal and external supports including financial health, domestic violence, mental health and homelessness services.
Key tasks include:
- Following up enquiries received relating to emergency assistance services.
- Issuing food and clothing vouchers to clients.
- Data entry of client information and services provided.
- General administration tasks to support clients as required, such as photocopying/scanning documents and preparing letters.
Skills and experience required:
- Relevant experience in working with diverse groups of people and understanding of the challenges experienced by vulnerable people.
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Customer-centric service delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain non-judgmental, compassionate and sensitive
- Computer literacy, including use of Microsoft Office and the internet
We are looking for multiple volunteers to add to our existing pool of volunteers. Ideally you would be someone who is available for a minimum of 6 hours a week to work from our Bowden office for at least a 3 month commitment. Days of the week will be negotiable.
To apply, please provide an outline of how you meet the requirements of the role, and what interests you about the role and being a volunteer with UCWB.