An opportunity to make your mark amongst this small team of passionate Directors in this secretary role! Candidates must be located in Australia and be available to travel to Newcastle and/or Sydney.
About Corethics In its 5th year of operation, Corethics is focused on solutions for water depletion and pollution (chemical) in Bali, Indonesia with our Board residing in Newcastle and Sydney. Our primary function is fundraising, education, and advocacy in Australia. We are fortunate to have an Advisory Board to support our growth which you will have the benefit of working with these incredibly talented people from across the world.
You have become an expert leader in your field and are now ready to share your invaluable knowledge and skills for the greater good. You will have a proven record in either international or community development, environmental and social impact and have the skill set to govern an independent all volunteer-run charity. You must have experience as a Secretary on the Board of a charity or incorporated association.
Ideally, you have at least 5 years of experience and hold a tertiary qualification in development/international relations and/or law/business and understand the challenges and opportunities that go with operating internationally. You must have a sound understanding of marketing, finance, legal obligations, and risk management in order to flourish in this role. We don't expect you to be an expert in all these areas but you must be confident in understanding, directing, approving, and making recommendations.
This role would suit someone who shares a passion for ethics in social and environmental impact. You are a collaborative person who is eager to devote your skills and energy to our small, not for profit Board (5). You must be well presented, a confident speaker, impeccable time management, and be willing to jump at opportunities to accelerate our organisation's purpose. This is not your average board role. Successful applicants have rigour, energy, and an entrepreneurial spirit, who is ready to roll up their sleeves to get Corethics onto a sustainable path.
- Attendance at Board meetings (every 2 months by zoom/face-to-face Newcastle/Central Coast/Sydney) and at events of the organisation
- A time commitment of 20 hours per month
- Organise, notify, attend, minute taking at Board Meetings
- Maintain member records, ensure member fees are up to date
- Effective communicator with all Board members
- Attention to detail and proven multi-tasking ability
- Delegate and hold members accountable for their tasks
- Contribute to and ensure Good Governance is upheld by the Board
- Manage administrative processes which control the Board
- High level of commitment to the work of Corethics
- Willingness to invest in developing own governance skills
- Be informed of the services provided by Corethics and support them publicly
- Prepare for and participate in the discussions and the deliberations of the Board
- Be aware of and abstain from any conflict of interest.
For a complete Board Position Description please get in touch.