Million Paws Walk attracts thousands of people and their dogs throughout Victoria at several different walk locations, raising much-needed funds for ‘all creatures great and small’. It is the RSPCA’s major fundraising event of the year and without the generous support of the community and volunteers, we would not be able to raise the vital funds needed to care for lost, abandoned and rescued animals. We do everything we can to give each animal a second chance at happiness and events like Million Paws Walk help us to achieve this objective.
Key Responsibilities: The Million Paws Walk 2023 Volunteers will be providing assistance with the following activities:
You will be tasked with assisting in various roles assigned by your Event Coordinator. Some of these roles may include assisting with:
- Assisting participants with both pre-purchase or on the day event registrations
Assisting to set up the event
Assisting to pack up the event
Assisting participants with directions and event information
Assisting with food and beverage stalls
Please note dependent on the needs of the event, there may be other roles that arise and you may be asked to assist with by your coordinator.
You will be a main point of contact for the public if they have any questions or require assistance.
Requirements: To successfully undertake this role, the volunteer will possess the following skills, attributes and/or experience:
- Strong, clear and confident verbal communication
- Comfortable working autonomously for short periods of time
- ‘Happy to help wherever possible!’ attitude
- Ability to be on your feet for the duration of your shift if needed.
- Some lifting may be required depending on the role assigned. If this poses an issue, please contact your coordinator who may be able to accommodate your abilities in the role assigned.
- Experience working in a customer facing environment
- RSPCA Volunteer experience
- Events volunteering experience