Client Services OfficerCancer Support Angels Ltd
About Cancer Support Angels:
Established in 2019 by our Founder Jodie Hollis, Cancer Support Angels is a 100% volunteer-run organisation focused on supporting cancer patients and their families. We believe that no one should fight alone and specialise in providing financial, emotional and social support to those in need.
For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website - cancersupportangels.org.au
We’re growing as an organisation and have some big goals for the year ahead! Because of this, we are looking for a client services superstar to join our team and help provide a gold standard experience to our patients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Building positive relationships with clients via phone and email correspondence, providing accurate information about current relevant goods and services
- Ensuring all client communications, including phone conversations, emails, online chats and text messages are documented
- Working with Client Services team management for complex client issues and resolutions
- Complying with organisation policies and procedures.
- Supporting the development of process improvements to enhance service efficiency and effectiveness.
- Providing assistance to other Client services team members when needed.
What we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is highly organised, and someone who is passionate about helping others - can work autonomously, but who also wants to be an active part of our volunteer community.
The successful candidate(s) will demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills in both writing and speaking
- Ability to establish positive relationships with team members and clients and display high levels of empathy and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient with Web based tools such as Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Excel etc (or equivalent).
This role is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and can be worked around your lifestyle and existing commitments. Whilst volunteering hours may vary week to week (approx 2-4 per week), we do ask that volunteers are committed to completing their tasks and joining scheduled remote team meetings in order to support their team, the organisation and ultimately, our patients. We also ask that volunteers are able to commit to a timeframe of at least 6 months in the role – although we hope that you’ll want to stay with us for much longer!
Why volunteer with us?
Just some of the reasons that now could be the perfect time for you to volunteer with us:
- 100% remote working opportunity that fits around your current responsibilities
- An opportunity to build on your skills and applied knowledge in a wide range of roles
- Work alongside other friendly and passionate volunteers, make lifelong connections and learn from each other
- Give your free time to those in need and fill your day with added purpose.
How to apply:
If this sounds like what you are looking for in a volunteer opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
To apply please use the link below, or alternatively send your CV to our Recruitment Team at email@example.com.
All successful volunteers are required to complete a police check and commit to our volunteer agreement and some roles may require and working with children check and/or confirmation of vaccination status.
Here at Cancer Support Angels, we respect and celebrate our differences, both visible and invisible and believe that these are a source of strength amongst our team. Everyone has the right to a fair and accessible volunteering journey, so if there is anything that we can assist with throughout the application process and beyond, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.