Hub Connector VolunteerCity of Bayswater
We are looking for people with empathy who can be generous with their time, to become volunteer Hub Connectors, to engage, interact and connect vulnerable people experiencing or at risk of homelessness to services and information.
The volunteer Hub Connector role would suit people who have a community service background or; Psychology/OT/Social Work/Cert IV Mental Health students seeking experience with vulnerable people from all walks of life.
Great training opportunities included, such as:
safeTALK suicide awareness training Emotional Intelligence (EQ) Workshop Aboriginal Cultural Awareness and Knowledge Training Mental health first aid training The City of Bayswater is looking for Hub Connector volunteers who are available for one or more of the following shifts:
• Wednesday (3.30pm - 6.30pm) • Thursday (10am – 1pm and 3:30pm-6:30pm) • Friday (10am-1pm)
We would love to hear from you if you can:
• demonstrate excellent communication and listening skills
• show empathy and have a non-judgmental attitude
BEING A HUB CONNECTOR WILL OFFER YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
• connect and give back to the community
• develop your practical counselling skills
• develop trauma informed engagement approaches
• increase emotional intelligence capacity through self-awareness
• pursue further career opportunities in this area
TRANSPORT AND PARKING OPTIONS:
• on-site parking and/or free public parking is available
• public transport close to the site is available
Diversity and Inclusion:
The City of Bayswater values diversity in our organisation. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please inform us prior to attending the Hub Connection information session.
The City of Bayswater is home to a culturally diverse and vibrant community set against the backdrop of four thriving town centres, over 380 hectares of green open space and a 10km stretch of the Swan River. The City of Bayswater has built a reputation on the delivery of services that our community value.