Yoga Instructor (Hybrid)Zen Tea Lounge Foundation
Since 2017 our charity has provided a safe space for individuals affected by domestic violence, abuse and isolation. We offer support, training and networks to help our survivors rebuild their lives and achieve independence.
We are looking for an experienced and certified yoga instructor with knowledge of the history, philosophy, and ethics of yoga. The yoga instructor is responsible for performing yoga poses in precise alignment, using the correct terminology, and safely guiding students through the flow of the practice. You should also be knowledgeable in the implementation of the chakra system and mindful meditation.
To ensure success as a yoga instructor, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to build relationships, as well as lead yoga sessions. Your passion for health and wellness, coupled with knowledge of the anatomy of the human body and physiology, will ensure success.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct and lead yoga classes.
- Visually assess students to determine their level of practice.
- Assist students to achieve precise alignment.
- Demonstrate practice and techniques.
- Possess the ability to move energy through the body.
- Transform energy during the warm-up, build-up and cool-down stages.
- Motivate students with words of encouragement.
- Connect with students during the yoga classes through fun, intelligent sequencing.
- Offer training recommendations to improve the practice of yoga.
- Engage in administrative duties.
We ask for the following requirements:
- Yoga certification with Yoga Alliance.
- Minimum of 200 hours of experience.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- Education or experience in health and fitness is preferable.
- The art of teaching the Vinyasa Flow.
- Knowledge of the Chakra System, Pranayama, mantra and mindful meditation.
- Business and administration skills.
- Ability to work after-hours, on weekends and public holidays, as needed.
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org