HammondCare pastoral care volunteers have an opportunity to support the spiritual and emotional needs of the elderly people living in an aged care home. As a pastoral care volunteer you’ll be actively involved with a local Christian church in the area.
You’ll supplement and complement the work of our Residential Pastoral Care Coordinator, and under their direction you may:
- Support people to meet their spiritual needs
- Support people and families in time of crisis
- Nurture spiritual development
Skills required for this role
- High level of interpersonal skills including strong empathy and listening skills.
- Pastoral Care training for example Chaplaincy, Clinical Pastoral Education, or you could attend HammondCare pastoral care training- Spiritual Care Series, in preparation to becoming a pastoral care volunteer.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity, specialising in relationship based care with a focus on dementia care. We're passionate about improving the quality of life for people in need and we have a wonderful group of volunteers that make a difference in the lives of our residents. We'll provide training, along with ongoing support and invitations to social events.
Volunteering along side Pastoral Care can be a rewarding experience, both for the person you visit as well as yourself. Regular visits from volunteers can help to improve quality of life and help people feel less isolated.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity and we're passionate about improving the quality of life for people in need. We have a wonderful group of volunteers that partner with us to enhance the lives of people cared for by HammondCare.
For more information about volunteering at HammondCare, click the apply button below and our friendly Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator Dani will give you a call.