Stepping Out is looking for a Volunteer to connect with a elderly man who lives in Payneham looking for friendly visitor company, coffee & chat. He does have limited hearing & poor eyesight making it more difficult to get out and about.
Skills & Attributes
The following skills and attributes will assist you in this role:
- Good listening skills
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Understanding of the importance of and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to relate to other people.
- Compassionate and a desire to spend time with residents living in their own home, who may be socially isolated.
- Ability and interest in sharing knowledge relating to a particular hobby or skill.
- Patience, tolerance and understanding.
- A cheerful and positive outlook on life.
- Honesty and reliability.