Consumer Engagement at Peninsula Health
Peninsula Health is committed to working in partnership with consumers (patients, carers, families and the community). Consumers are people who currently access our services or who may need to in the future.
Consumer Advisors share their experiences as users of the health service, provide advice on consumer and carer issues and become active partners in design, planning and evaluation of the health service.
Having consumers involved with us and bringing the perspective of the community into Peninsula Health ensures we provide health services that meets the needs of the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula community.
Consumer Advisors are volunteers who have experience of: • A current or previous health condition • Accessing care from a health service • A carer, family member or friend of someone who accesses health services
Ways in which Consumer Advisors partner with us include:
- Provide advice on what patients, families and carers may expect
- Provide patient, family and carer views at all levels of our health service
- Identify and raise concerns and issues
- Provide us with insight into the experience that patients, families and carers have with us
- Provide feedback on written information developed for consumers
- Contribute to service planning
- Special projects e.g. Frankston Hospital Redevelopment ….And many more